Cue the bliss...
Cue the happiness...
I wish it were that easy. I realized a few things these past 4 months since A has been around.
1. DH was not an asshole before we got preggars, so he probably isn't being an asshole now.
2. We were married for five years before A arrived. We were close friends. Adding a baby makes this transition so much harder because it has been just us for so long.
3. I/We have to redefine what our relationship is now and not dwell on how it used to be. This point is mostly for me to simmer.
4. Parenting A is my job. For the most part. Period. I cannot change this. DH steps in but quickly steps away whenever possible. This is the world we live in, his beliefs, and the way it is. I can stew and be pissed all I want, but we all know that people don't change.
5. There is no such thing as 50/50.
6. I might have to relinquish my awesomeness at my job. I might have to give up being available for every meeting, every pow wow, every committee. I might have to be (gasp!) AVERAGE at my career for awhile while A is so young.
7. I cannot do it all. Wait. Scratch that. I can do it all, I just cannot do it all awesomely.
8. I am angry a lot. This emotion has been my tendency for a lot of my life. I have to remember that and begin to accept that I have no control over things, but I can control how I react to them.
9. No matter how hard today feels, tomorrow (or sometimes a few days later) ALWAYS gets better.
Nine things here. I am sure there is more, but I can't think right now.
Any insights you have to share, please leave them in the comments section.