Friday, June 17, 2011

3rd Trimester

Wednesday began week 28! I can't believe I am here. I have been waiting for this week to come since first finding out that we were pregnant via ultrasound. 28 weeks was the goal for the triplet pregnancy, but even more so now, 28 weeks means that if something was to begin, baby would have an excellent chance of surviving. I know things can still go wrong, but premature labor and birth is less about preparing for death right now. Morbid, I know, but this has been one of my secret fears.

I've begun to start planning for the birth, and by planning, I mean checking out stuff. Topic for today: labor mixtape. Are you going to prepare one? I've begun the process by organizing cool and calming songs. My birth plan included just me and the world: no drugs and hopefully no medical intervention. No drugs for sure, so I have been reading and rereading the Mongan method of Hypnobirthing. We wanted to do classes, but there are few in our area and they are all on Saturdays, which does not work for DH. Anyway, I have much practice in meditation and am hoping those skills will transfer to the birthing room.

But Mixtapes: what song or songs are a must have for the birthing process?

7 comments:

Kari said...

Congrats on third trimester!! Baby will be here before you know it!!

Alex said...

Congratulations on 3rd trimester! My, how time flies! I think a mix tape or playlist is a great idea for your labor plans - let us know what makes the cut.

Circus Princess said...

Practice in meditation will help you a lot. I've done some yoga and the breathing and focus helped me through labor. You're so much stronger than you think. YAY for 28 weeks!!!

Gurlee said...

Congrats on the 3t! Love the idea of a playlist for birth! Hard question, I'd have to think about it for a while. Let us know what makes the list.

Miranda said...

I've been thinking about this a little, and I would try to make up a playlist that is soothing and helps you with your meditation, and then I'd create another one that can pump you up and get you excited. For some reason I think I would likely make one with songs that make me laugh or remind me of a special time - something to help me change up the mood in case I need it.

Congrats on the 3rd trimester! Holy moly this is going to happen quickly :)

Allison said...

Yay third tri!!! And, a few ((gentle hugs)) on the bittersweetness of it all.

Oh jeez. I haven't really thought about The Actual Labor part so much yet. S'pose I should.

As for the mixtape, can you ever really go wrong with some good 80's hairband tunes? ;)

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

Congrats! 3rd tri is a huge milestone!