Monday, November 19, 2012

hand, foot, mouth (and buttocks and legs and arms and eyelids and ears!!)

Oh golly HFM is awful! A was exposed to it last Tuesday at daycare. I received a call Wednesday afternoon from daycare saying that 3 came down with it. So we waited and waited. His classroom was quarantined. Saturday night, fever and no sleep and Sunday arrived with sores and blisters. He spent Sunday in pain. Even with tylenol and advil, he couldn't sit and although he wanted to be held, it hurt him too much. Sunday was bad.

Today was much better. The sores are still there and even more red than yesterday. I took him to the doctor to confirm this diagnosis. And now we just manage the pain and sores and let the virus take its course.

I hope none of your little ones contract this awful awful virus (and I am praying that I somehow side step it, too).

On another note, I am 14w today. I had my ob appointment with no ultrasound, but I did get a NT scan last week. Nuchal fold is 1.2 and baby looks good. The only problem I have is that baby's placenta is covering my cervix. I am going back for another U/S  at week 17 or 18 (I can't remember) to check the status. I hope and pray this moves out of the way of the cervix.

Do you have any placenta covering the cervix stories? Please share!

6 comments:

Allison said...

Oh no! Poor little guy! Our daycare had an outbreak of it a while back...somehow, H managed to avoid it. We were counting our lucky stars, fo' sho'. Hope he's doing better now.

I don't have any placenta covering the cervix stories, but do hope it moves out of the way!

Stephanie said...

Oh poor little guy. I don't have experience with HFM but I have heard it's pretty awful. I wanted to mention, I've been following along silently since your big announcement, but I finally spilled the beans on my blog yesterday that we are expecting again too! I'm 13 weeks, so we are pretty close! :)

jill's infertility document said...

Hope HFM passes quickly. It sounds really awful.

I can't remember the blogger as it's been a while but I do remember early on she had placenta previa that resolved itself in a few weeks and didn't present any problems. Hoping it is just a temporary positioning and won't be an issue at your next appointment!

Thanks for coming to my defense in the comment section of my recent post!

Kari said...

Aw man I hope A feels better soon. I hope he doesn't pass it on to you. Sending healing vibes to your household. I don't have any cervix/placenta info either, but I hope yours moves.

Gurlee said...

How scary. I am glad your little guy is on the mend. HFM sounds awful.

And wow, 2T. Bravo!

Anonymous said...

This sounds terrible~! Poor little guy- hopefully it runs its course fast.
I never had any issues with placenta location- hopefully it resolves on it own.