Monday, September 5, 2011

Call me Ms. Waddle

Oh holy moses. Really. This pain is killing me. I think it is sciatic or sciatica or whatever, but there is shooting pain up my right side and down my left side when I walk. For reals this hurts. I was doing the ol' ice for 10 and heat for 10 yesterday, and when I woke up today, I felt a little better. However, I just got back from a trip to Whole Foods to buy more prenatal vitamins and a decaf iced espresso, and I am tense and bitchy. Ugh.

No real contractions, so I don't think this is labor. Which, what the heck does labor feel like? How will I know? I have BH, but I've had those for the last 4 months.

I've done about every stretch possible for sciatic pain, and it seems to help. When I am sitting I am fine. When I am lying down, I'm fine. The problem is with walking. Nothing stops the pain when I walk.

So here I am at this crazy conundrum: I'm supposed to walk to get things moving, but walking hurts, so I can't walk and am possibly keeping the real labor at bay.

Waiting...waiting...waiting...

Anyway, I am super happy sipping on the iced decaf double espresso. Ahhhhhh....

3 comments:

Kari said...

Aw sorry. I remember being in pain when I walked at the end too. I didn't find a fix beyond having the baby.Hoping your little one arrives soon and the sciatic pain ends. Can't wait for the arrival post!!

Ashley said...

Don't walk, do the nasty instead. It's hard to convince the husband to do it. I just told mine to close his eyes and pretend I'm Megan Fox. It got me to 3 cm!! :) I can't wait until your baby gets here!

Alex said...

Oh wow - that sounds so painful!!! I wouldn't walk if it hurt so bad. Love the ticker today - 1 day to go!!! If only it were that easy...