Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Abstain

Yup, this month we have to abstain from intercourse. Blah!!!

Since my lap is scheduled for day 25, my options were to either go on BC for the month, or abstain from sex. I was on BC for a million years, and after working so hard to get my body tuned up with the lunar calender, there's no way I'm going back on the pill. No way, man. So I guess DH and I will have to be creative this month. How naughty, right?

In other news, I am on CD2 and the cramps are killing me. I am nearing the end of the semester, so my work load has lightened and I took the afternoon off to hang at home with the pup. Last night, DH and I watched "Up" the movie and I cried my eyes out at least 5 times throughout the movie. The first 10 minutes had me WEEPING!!! I won't spoil it for anyone, but, come on, how sad was the IF diagnosis? Did anyone else catch that subtle part? Geesh!!! I paused the movie, looked at DH, and lost it.

6 comments:

AL said...

I saw Up with my hubby on Friday night, it was really good and funny. I was expecting the IF part so it hit me but not too hard.

Try to enjoy being creative this month ;-) Thing is when you can't BD that makes it seem so much more enticing....good luck

Jill said...

Consider this time period as practice for the future... I am so nauseous at night right now my husband couldn't get near me if he wanted to... at least you can "get creative"! :)

Jill said...

I also just thought about the fact that "abstinence only" seems to be a really good way for teenagers to get pregnant. Maybe it will work for you too? ;)

My Vegas said...

hahaha Jill you are so funny!

BTW, I heard nothing about the movie, "Up." I wish I had been warned!!

WannabeMommy said...

Oh.... they didn't tell me to abstain before my lap, or go on BC either. Just another normal month for me. My lap ended up being on CD 18.

Honestly, the procedure itself is fine. Not eating/drinking the night before aint no thang, but I'm not gonna lie... the after part is a little tough. But compared to the crappy cycles it sounds like you've lived thru, it should be a piece of cake. I checked out this site to prepare myself: http://health.thefuntimesguide.com/2006/12/laparoscopy_for_endometriosis.php
It's written by a real woman who's been there. Don't ignore the part about your next BM. Took me 3 days, but thankfully, wasn't as painful as her experience.

The worst part is the CO2 gas that remains in your body. It is pretty uncomfortable in your chest and shoulders. They say getting up and moving around helps.

Hell, if we can live thru the constant anguish of IF, than we can get thru this. GOOD LUCK to you!!!!!!!

Kitty said...

Hey there, I just realized we're getting our LAPs done on the same day :) Good luck!! I hear the gas is the worst part too, I know a couple people that have had it done.