Friday, December 17, 2010

Monday Monday Monday

This morning I went for a blood flow ultrasound, something I hadn't heard of before here on the blogs. They basically do an internal ultrasound with me laying down and then standing up (yes, dildo cam inside of me with the tech holding it between my legs as I stood up---weird weird) and measure the blood flow to my lady parts and uterus. All looked not just good, but great according to the RE. I also had blood drawn to check my E2 and progesterone and again, all is good. So they went ahead and scheduled me for the transfer Monday at 9:00. I have to be there at 8:00 (why, I ask you?) with an empty bladder. After I check in, then I begin filling my bladder for the 9:00 transfer. I am impressed (or something like that) that they are confident about my embryos to just schedule the transfer without looking at them again. I will still get a call tomorrow with their status update, so I'll post more then.

I had my acupuncture appointment today after my RE appointment. I was hoping to be stuck and stabbed in places to help speed up a bowel movement (yes, I haven't had one since Wednesday night!!) but no luck. I am super constipated, probably from the progesterone. Ugh. And the nurse said that I am probably not sleeping because of the Medrol (prednisone). Nice. I have 2 more nights of sleeplessness to look forward to. Yes, I tossed and turned all night and peed every hour. As much as it sounds like I am complaining, I am actually pretty OK with it all. I just want to document this whole experience so I know what to expect for my 5 future successful FETs (yes, that means 6 kids, y'all). I am feeling positive :)


Alex said...

That must be a fabulous RE - I have heard of the blood flow ultrasound, but only with the cutting-edge type doctors. So glad to hear that your blood is flowing well!

I was super constipated after the retrieval as well. The nurses said it was very common after a retrieval. Upon their recommendation, I took Colace, and Milk of Magnesia, and Metamucil. After about 24 hours of taking that, it finally worked, and I've been fine since - without any of this stuff. You definitely want to make sure you're pooping well before transfer, as you don't want to strain or anything after those little embies are in you.

So excited for Monday - this is awesome! And I love your positive attitude!!!

Jill said...

I'm glad you're feeling positive! I hope it all goes really well and I can hear about a bfp when I get back from vacation!

M said...

:). Glad to hear of more good results!!

Kitty said...

Good! You should be feeling positive, I am sending all kinds of positive thoughts out there for you too! I can't believe it's almost transfer time!!! :)

Roccie said...

Cracking up. Holy crap, cracking up.

Thank you for having the mind to share this with us! Holy crap. I will laugh about this for days.

Dont sweat the lack of call - sounds like a day 5 xfer?

Best, best wishes.