I took my last BCP today. Yipee! I have my BW and US on Friday at 8:00 AM to see if my E2 is down and if the 17 mm cyst has vanished.
DH and I spoke at length about the next steps. We are going to go for it with IUI/injectibles this month, but if this next cycle is a bust, we are going to just stop and start a savings account for IVF. I will talk to the RE on Friday about this. I know she feels super confident that I should be getting knocked up with the IUI, but the truth is that it's getting expensive. If each IUI/injectible cycle costs $2000, why not forgo the next 3-5 and save for the IVF which has a much higher percentage of working. Part of me feels like this is me giving up, but I have to be smart. I want to start a family, but I don't want to go broke trying. I think the odds of me getting knocked up with IUI are 15-20 percent, and the odds with IVF are 50-60%.
This year, we've spent just shy of $5000 on TTC, and that includes the TCM. Yikes!
Oh, and my decision to purchase meds online is to NOT do it. I'm going to see if the RE's office is willing to donate some to me. If I live in Louisiana, and fertility coverage is not mandated by law for insurance companies, does that mean that no insurance company will pay? Are all the lovely ladies in my clinic paying cash? Yikes!