Tuesday, June 22, 2010

CD7, disposal?



What exactly am I supposed to do with a full Sharps Collector? Am I supposed to put it in the regular garbage? Do I take it to the clinic? Do I decorate it as if it were a Christmas tree? I'm puzzled because I am extremely careful about how I dispose of things, and I believe in recycling and composting. However, one cannot compost or recycle used needles and empty vials of menopur. Hmm...

Anyway, CD 7 is here (or is it CD 4 according to AF), and I take my final dose of clomid tonight. I have not had any side effects this time around. I was expecting the dizziness like I had from last time, but so far it has been smooth sailing. I've been good with my fertility yoga and my fertility ball. Now if I could just get motivated enough to grade the fifty student papers that are burning a hole in my book sack.

6 comments:

Kari said...

Our local trash picks up sharps containers, you just have to tape the container up real good and set it next to your trash on pickup day. I found the info on our county website. Otherwise we took the full ones back to the RE's office. Glad Clomid isn't making you sick. I hated it, but didn't get sick on it.

Anonymous said...

Some pharmacies or hospitals take them.

none said...

Sharps disposal? Hmm.. my approach is to shove multiple full containers, dating back to 2005, into the back of my pantry. Works for me! :-p

Gurlee said...

Sorry, I have no idea but what is a fertility ball? Very curious.

Kitty said...

I'm surprised doctors/pharmaceutical companies don't provide instructions on how to dispose of sharps! It's not like it's common knowledge... I'd probably take them to the doctor's office if it was me.

Kim said...

Strange they dont come with disposal instructions! Yikes!