Friday, October 9, 2009

My award

This is my first award, given to me by the lovely Jill at http://wouldmakethree.blogspot.com/.
I am supposed to list ten things that my readers do not know about me. Hmmm... 1. I am terrified of thunder. I still put my fingers in my ears during thunderstorms, especially in the night. Speaking of storms, one is about to begin very very soon where I'm at, so I better hurry and finish this post to free up my fingers.

2. I am a poet/writer. I haven't finished my first manuscript yet, but have had much success being published in journals throughout the years.

3. Cheese fries are my weak spot.

4. I have two sisters and one brother. One sister has two kids, one sister is infertile, and my brother has had issue with his testicles that make me believe he, too, will have fertility issues. They say that infertility isn't hereditary, but I am starting to believe otherwise. When I ask my mom if she took any medication when she was pregnant with us, she says she can't remember anything about the 70s. Thanks, mom. That's not too helpful.

5. My ne.tflix account has declared me to be someone who "enjoys dark movies with a strong female lead." Sometimes I think my netf.lix account understands me better than anyone.

6. I have been told that my laugh is contagious; I laugh a lot and hard, sometimes accompanied by a snort.

7. I think my chocolate chip cookies are better than any other chocolate chip cookies. Yeah, that's right. I am saying it out loud.

8. I have always wanted to live out of the country for a brief period of time. I don't know if I will ever get the chance to do it.

9. I have contemplated beginning a phd. program in my field. I am struggling with the next steps of my life and am not sure of my heart's desire yet.

10. I like to sing, although I am not good at it, really. Mostly my songs are written and composed on the fly and in my head: a song about my dog's poop, a tune about a friend's name, my fake rendition of an opera song, whatever. I know I am stressed out when I don't find song in something. It's been one of those weeks around here.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I like your list! I think it's really cool that you are a writer. And I agree that infertility can be inherited. My mom struggled with very similar issues to mine to have me. I can only hope that I don't pass it on again!

Oh, and I just edited my post to say "CJ" instead of "lookingforaplussign". I forgot that you did reveal that in your "about me". :)